- Category: About
The Montgomery County CPS/Child Welfare Community Advisory Board represents many organizations and individuals who have a desire to assist in relief efforts of our County's CPS children in parallel to our state’s goals and initiatives. This collaborative group has cooperatively grown in production, vision, and membership going back to its community roots in 2005. Its membership includes prolific, compassionate, and proven leaders who share a desire to make a difference and have successfully worked together bringing about substantial improvements and opportunities to Montgomery County CPS and the families they serve.
History and development of the MC CPS/CW Community Advisory Board
In 2005, several Montgomery County leaders, companies, and agencies joined together resulting in Montgomery County, Texas becoming a leader in child welfare community partner relations throughout the United States. Those founding partners included: Terri Jaggers (Mrs. Texas 2005); Homes4Good - Charlotte Burkhart; MC CASA - Michelle Firby; Arrow Child & Family Ministries; the Texas Foster Family Association, the Mayor of the City of Conroe – Tommy Metcalf, and Montgomery County CPS Program Director Leshia Fisher.
From 2005 – 2009, this growing community effort produced many solutions, programs, and events that not only filled voids within our County’s foster care system, but also became templates for county’s across Texas and throughout America.
In 2009, the Child Welfare Board created the Community Relations Committee. In 2010, the Community Relations Committee of the Montgomery County CPS/Child Welfare Board officially formed and integrated the community partners into what is now known as the Montgomery County CPS/Child Welfare Community Advisory Board (MC CPS Community Advisory Board).
Vision of the MC CPS Community Advisory Board
The Community Advisory Board has three primary goals; 1) to improve the lives of our foster children and 2) to network and support one another’s talents in providing assistance/relief to Montgomery County’s children and those who care for them, and 3) be an example to the rest of Texas so all Texas foster children can experience similar hope and relief.
The Community Advisory Board meets in February, April, June, August, and October.
Members of the MC CPS Community Advisory Board (As of January, 2012)
- Alliance1418 – Steve Klein
- Angel Reach – Sandra Carpenter
- Ark Church – Millie Chodorow
- Arrow Child & Family Ministries – Andrea Pellerin
- Back2Basics – Barbara Humiston
- Birthday Clowns – Richard Brill
- Camp Hope– Cindy Mericle
- City of Conroe– Paul Vergadamo
- City of Conroe Mayor Web Melder
- Homes4Good – J. Hall, CEO
- Lonestar College System – Deanne Chandler
- Lutheran Social Services –
- Montgomery County CASA– Ann McAlpin, CEO
- Montgomery County Child Welfare Board – Community Relations Committee (Terri Jaggers, Michael Maisano, Melissa Humphries, Tommy Metcalf, and Frances Brandau)
- National Foster Parents Association – Pat Jaggers
- Pay It Forward (SHSU Student Org.) – Mark Perez
- Rainbow Room – Janie Meador
- Sam Houston State University– Kay Angrove
- San Pareil – Simone Swenson
- Montgomery/Liberty County Foster/Kinship Assoc. –
- Montgomery County Commissioner's Court
- Montgomery County Judge Alan B. Sadler
- Texas Foster Family Association – Irene Clements
- TFL –
- The Woodlands Church– Melissa Coleman and Lindsey Phillips
- The Woodlands United Methodist Church– Staci Brady
- Woodlands Elite – Brian Barnhart
- Woods Edge Church– Kevin Henson